Soft, fluffy, and sweet as sunshine. Flavored with tons of real lemon flavor and topped with a sweet lemon glaze, these flaky scones make any morning a little brighter
– 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 240g)
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar (about 100g)
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed (about 113g)
– 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese (about 245g)
– 1 large egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Zest of 2 lemons
– Juice of 1 lemon
– Optional: powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add the cold cubed butter to the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter or your fingertips, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix well.
5. Pour the ricotta mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as it can result in tough scones.
6. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead the dough a few times until it comes together.
7. Pat the dough into a circle or rectangle about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. Cut the dough into wedges or use a cookie cutter to make round scones.
8. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and let the scones cool on a wire rack. Optional: Dust the cooled scones with powdered sugar before serving.
Note: The carb values can vary depending on the specific brand of ingredients used, so it’s always a good idea to check the nutrition labels or use a nutrition calculator to get the most accurate information.
Enjoy your delicious Lemon Ricotta Scones!