Coconut oil, butter, or extra-virgin olive oil for greasing
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
8 ounces bacon, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
10 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or use silicone muffin tins.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the butter over medium-high until it bubbles. Add the bacon and cook until browned, about five minutes.
3. Add the onion and asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about five minutes￼.
4. Spoon into the prepared a muffin cups.
5. Sprinkle with the cheese.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, mustard, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
7. Pour over the vegetables and cheese in the muffin cups.￼
8. Bake in preheated oven until the eggs are set, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly and remove the muffins from the tin.