- 2 medium cucumbers (peeled (8 ounces each))
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
Slice the cucumbers 1/8-inch thick with a mandolin, season with salt and combine with yogurt and fresh dill in a large bowl.
Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Transfer to a serving bowl topped with more fresh dill, for garnish.
Change it up! This is a basic recipe, feel free to change it to suit your taste. Here are some variations:
- Cucumbers: Regular cucumbers are used here but you can also use English cucumbers or Persian cucumbers, and bonus you don’t have to peel them.
- Cream: Swap the yogurt for sour cream or use a combination of sour cream and mayo. You can also use reduced fat yogurt, but I personally think it’s best with full fat.
- Slicing Cucumbers: If you don’t have a mandolin, slice them as thinly as possible with a sharp knife.
- Add red onion.
- Herbs: Swap dill with parsley, tarragon, or chives for a different flavor profile.
- Spices: You can add garlic powder and black pepper to taste.
- Acid: You can add some white vinegar or fresh lemon juice, for variation.
- If you make it, comment below and let us know!