These crispy low carb chaffles are perfect for pizza toppings, and they are fast to make in a mini waffle maker with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand. Super savory and delish! This is the best low carb pizza crust recipe for last minute meals.
1 heaping tbsp almond flour
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (plus more for topping)
1 tbsp grated parmesan
1/8 tsp Italian seasoning
1/8 tsp garlic powder
pizza toppings of your choice
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and turn on your mini waffle maker.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg together and then combine with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Once your mini waffle maker is hot, spinkle the griddle with a little shedded mozzarella.
4. Pour HALF of the batter in and then sprinkle with more cheese. Close the lid and cook until the automatic timer or light goes off; repeat for next waffle.
5. Place the chaffles on a baking sheet and allow them to cool for a few minutes (so that they don’t get soggy), and then spread with a low carb pizza sauce, shredded cheese and the toppings of your choice.
6. Bake for 3-4 minutes and then an additional minute or two with the broiler on to brown the cheese.
7. Sprinkle with a little more Italian seasonig and enjoy!