Ingredients required for the Keto Fried Onion Rings use my secret ingredient – whey protein isolate.
1. 1 large sweet onion cut into rings
2 1 cup Almond Flour
3 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 One tablespoon Baking Powder
5 One teaspoon smoked paprika
6 Salt and pepper
7 2, eggs beaten
8 One tablespoon heavy cream
9 cooking spray
How to prepare Keto Fried Onion Rings
1. Take a medium bowl, and mix Almond flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
2. Take another bowl, beat the eggs and whisk them with heavy cream until they are blended perfectly.
3. Soak the onion rings in the eggs and, after that, the almond flour mixture. With the help of a fork, properly coat each onion ring.
4. Gently move the onion rings to a parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining onion.
5. Baking Method – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Organize the onions in a single layer and spray them with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip and re-spray with oil. Bake another 8 to 10 minutes, until crispy and brown.
6. Deep fry Method- Place the onion rings on a plate. Take a large pan to add half a cup of oil. When heating the oil add some, rings to the pan, leaving space in between each ring. Deep fry for 2 to 3 minutes till golden and crunchy.