Certainly! Cabbage rolls are a delicious and comforting dish that combines tender cabbage leaves with a flavorful filling. Here’s a classic recipe for preparing cabbage rolls:
- 1 large head of cabbage
- 1 pound ground beef or pork
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Core the cabbage and carefully place it in the boiling water. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the leaves are tender. Remove the cabbage, let it cool, and carefully peel off the leaves. Set them aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, cooked rice, chopped onion, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Place a small amount of the meat mixture onto each cabbage leaf, then roll it up, tucking in the sides as you go. Repeat until all the meat mixture is used.
- In a separate bowl, mix the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika.
- Spread a small amount of the tomato mixture on the bottom of a baking dish. Place the rolled cabbage leaves seam-side down in the dish. Pour the remaining tomato mixture over the cabbage rolls.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the cabbage rolls are fully cooked and the sauce is bubbly.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Serve the cabbage rolls with a spoonful of the tomato sauce and garnish with fresh parsley.
Enjoy these delicious and comforting cabbage rolls, perfect for a wholesome and satisfying meal that’s sure to please your taste buds. Adjust the seasonings and ingredients according to your taste preferences for a dish that suits your personal flavor profile.