Creating a W/W-friendly pumpkin pie with zero points can be a bit challenging because many of the traditional ingredients used in pumpkin pie, such as sugar and pie crust, have points. However, you can make a lower-point version of pumpkin pie using zero-point ingredients. Here’s a simple recipe:
For the Crust (optional, not zero points):
- If you want a crust, consider using a low-point or reduced-fat graham cracker crust or a crust made from crushed fiber-rich cereal or ground oats. Keep in mind that the crust will add points.
For the Filling (zero points):
- 15 oz can of pumpkin puree (make sure it’s 100% pure pumpkin)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Artificial sweetener to taste (use a zero-point sweetener like Stevia or Monk Fruit)
1. Preheat the Oven:
- If you’re using a crust, preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the crust package for pre-baking (if required).