This Easy Low Point Wonton Soup is made with a store-bought broth and frozen wontons, which shortens the preparation time. It makes for a fabulous side dish, dinner or lunch.
PREP TIME3 minutes
COOK TIME7 minutes
TOTAL TIME10 minutes
- 20 wontons, fresh or frozen (I use CJ Bibi go Chicken & Cilantro Fully Cooked Mini Wontons from Costco)
- 4 cups (32 oz. or 1 quart) Swanson’s chicken broth or Trader Joe’s miso ginger broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Pour one cup of water, wontons, and soy sauce into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Turn heat to low and cook until wontons are soft and tender.
- Stir in the chicken stock or Trader Joe’s miso soup and the sesame oil. Simmer on low for another 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.
Servings: Makes 4 (1 and 1/4 cup of broth with 5 wontons) servings
GREEN: 2 Smart Points per serving
BLUE: 2 Smart Points per serving
PURPLE: 2 Smart Points per serving