Crisp, cool and delicious, I love lettuce wraps! I have been making this BLT Lettuce Wrap for years, a few more favorites are these Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps and these Steak Taco Lettuce Wraps, just to name a few!
Here on Long Island, most bagel stores and delis will actually make you a lettuce wrap replacing the wrap with lettuce and fill it with everything from tuna salad, egg salad, cold cuts, you name it! They wrap it really tight in parchment paper so it’s easy to eat on the go.
I’ve been eating mostly low-carb lately during the week, and saving my carbs for the weekend (80/20) and was craving a chicken club. Usually it’s layered between three slices of toasted white bread, but I’ll be honest, I didn’t miss the bread at all. The Iceburg lettuce gives it lots of crunch, and tastes delish!
Chicken Club Lettuce Wrap Sandwich, a low-carb (keto) lunch idea that replaces a wheat wrap for a lettuce wrap. Just 5 ingredients, and less than 10 minutes to make!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and outer leaves removed
- 1 tablespoon mayo (I love Sir Kensington) (check labels for W30)
- 3 ounces (about 6 slices) organic chicken or turkey breast
- 2 strips center cut bacon, cooked and cut in half (check labels for W30)
- 2 thin slices tomato
- 1 piece of parchment paper, about 14″ x 14″
- Place the parchment paper down on your work surface.
- Layer 6 to 7 large leaves of lettuce in the middle of parchment paper so that you create a lettuce base about 9 inches by 10 inches.
- Spread the mayo in the center of the lettuce wrap.
- Layer with the chicken or turkey, bacon and tomato.
- Starting with the end closest to you, roll the lettuce wraps jelly roll style using the parchment as your base as tight as possible.
- Halfway through rolling, tuck the ends of the wraps towards the middle.
- Continue to roll the lettuce wrap, keeping it as tight as possible and using the parchment paper to guide you.
- When it is completely wrapped, roll the remainder of the parchment around the lettuce tightly.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the lettuce wrap almost completely, leaving a small piece of the parchment intact to help hold it together.
Yield: 1 serving, Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 8
- Calories: 274 calories
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Sodium: 375mg
- Carbohydrates: 4.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 26g