French Onion Chicken Bake: A Weight War’s-Friendly Comfort Feast
Elevate your comfort food experience with our French Onion Chicken Bake—an enticing dish that seamlessly integrates the savory allure of French onion flavors into a wholesome, Weight Wr’s-friendly meal. This culinary creation is designed to satisfy your cravings while keeping your wellness goals at the forefront.
Lean Protein Foundation
At the core of this delectable bake is lean protein in the form of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. A versatile and smart choice for those mindful of their Smart Points, chicken not only forms the foundation of this dish but also ensures a satisfying and nutritious meal.
Caramelized Onion Elegance
The star of the show is the caramelized onion topping, a classic French onion element that adds depth and richness to the dish. Onions are slowly cooked to achieve a sweet, golden-brown perfection, creating a flavorful and aromatic layer that transforms an ordinary chicken bake into a culinary indulgence.
Lightened-Up Cheese Bliss
To maintain a Weight War’s-friendly balance, we opt for a lightened-up version of the traditional Gruyère or Swiss cheese often found in French onion dishes. This smart substitution ensures a gooey and satisfying cheese layer without compromising on your dietary goals.
Herbs and Spices Infusion
The flavorful marriage of herbs and spices, including thyme and a hint of garlic, infuses each bite with a burst of aromatic goodness. These carefully selected seasonings enhance the overall taste profile, elevating the dish to a level of culinary excellence that satisfies the palate while remaining mindful of your nutritional choices.
The assembly of this French Onion Chicken Bake is as simple as it is rewarding. Once layered with the caramelized onions, light cheese, and aromatic herbs, the chicken breasts are baked to perfection. The result is a golden-brown masterpiece that captures the essence of French onion soup in a more figure-friendly form.
Pair this indulgent yet sensible dish with a side of roasted vegetables, a crisp green salad, or a serving of whole grains for a well-rounded meal. The versatility of the French Onion Chicken Bake makes it a standout choice for both weeknight dinners and special occasions.
Conclusion: A Culinary Triumph for Wellness
In conclusion, our French Onion Chicken Bake is a culinary triumph that brings the comforting flavors of French onion soup to your table without compromising your Weight War’s journey. By combining lean protein, caramelized onions, and lightened-up cheese, we’ve created a dish that marries indulgence with smart nutrition. Let this savory masterpiece redefine your perception of comfort food, reminding you that culinary satisfaction and wellness can coexist in a single, delicious bite.
French Onion Chicken Bake
This French Onion Chicken Bake is so easy to make and lip smacking delicious-seasoned chicken breast smothered in a french onion soup and topped with light mozzarella.
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 35 minutes
- 6 (4 oz.) chicken breasts, raw
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 Tbsp Land o’Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 (10 oz.) can French onion soup ( I use Campbell’s)
- 1/2 cup fat free or light mozzarella (I use Market Pantry reduced fat mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet pan ( or cast iron grill skillet) melt butter and add sliced onions. Saute the onions in butter until softened and translucent.
- When onions become soft, place onions on a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, spray the skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Season each chicken breast with paprika, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Place seasoned chicken breasts into prepared skillet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium high, on both sides or until chicken breasts are golden brown.
- Add onions back into the skillet with the chicken breasts.
- Pour in the can of French onion soup. Simmer the chicken and onions in the soup for 2-3 minutes-this will allow the soup to caramelize the chicken.
- If using a cast iron skillet pan top each chicken breast with light mozzarella cheese. (otherwise-transfer chicken, onions, and sauce into an oven safe baking dish-and top with light mozzarella cheese.)
- Place skillet or baking dish in preheated oven.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
In order to calculate the smart points on a recipe you have to enter the ingredients in manually (by ingredient) not by the nutritional information in the w-w recipe builder-since this recipe contains zero point items the app doesn’t realize there is zero point items in the recipe and will calculate it based only off the nutritional info which is not accurate.
1 Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 208 TOTAL FAT: 8g SATURATED FAT: 2g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 0g CHOLESTEROL: 73mg SODIUM: 257mg CARBOHYDRATES: 7g FIBER: 1g SUGAR: 1g PROTEIN: 40g da
The point values and nutritional information is estimated and figured based off the brand of ingredients I used for the recipe using the W-W app and can vary depending on ingredients used. In order to calculate the freestyle smart points on a recipe you have to enter the ingredients in manually (by ingredient) not by the nutritional information in the w-w recipe builder-since this recipe contains zero point items the app doesn’t realize there is zero point items in the recipe and will calculate it based only off the nutritional info which is not accurate