keto gluten-free banana cake with German chocolate frosting:
For the cake:
– 2 ripe bananas, mashed
– 4 large eggs
– 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
– 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 cups almond flour
– 1/2 cup coconut flour
– 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (such as Erythritol or Stevia)
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the German chocolate frosting:
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1/4 cup granulated sweetener
– 1/4 cup unsalted butter
– 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
– 1/4 cup chopped pecans
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a round cake pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Mix well until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, granulated sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until well combined. The batter should be thick but pourable. If it’s too thick, you can add a little more almond milk.
5. Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. While the cake is baking, prepare the German chocolate frosting. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the heavy cream, cocoa powder, granulated sweetener, and butter. Stir until the sweetener and cocoa powder have dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
8. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the shredded coconut, chopped pecans, and vanilla extract. Let the frosting cool and thicken slightly.
9. Once the cake has cooled, spread the German chocolate frosting over the top of the cake.
10. Slice and serve the delicious keto gluten-free banana cake with German chocolate frosting.
Enjoy your homemade keto-friendly gluten-free banana cake with German chocolate frosting!