– 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
– 1 ½ cups almond flour
– 2 tablespoons cream cheese
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
– ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– ½ cup cooked ham, diced
– ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
– ¼ cup sliced black olives (optional)
– ¼ cup diced green bell pepper (optional)
– ¼ cup diced red onion (optional)
– ¼ cup tomato sauce (sugar-free)
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
– Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the cheeses are melted and well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, eggs, baking powder, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Add this mixture to the melted cheese mixture and stir until a dough forms.
4. Place the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use your hands to flatten and shape the dough into a rectangular shape, about ¼-inch thick.
5. Spread the tomato sauce over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges. Sprinkle the diced ham, cheddar cheese, black olives, green bell pepper, and red onion evenly over the sauce.
6. Starting from one of the longer sides, carefully roll up the dough into a log, tucking in the filling as you go. Seal the ends of the stromboli by folding them over and pressing gently.
7. Brush the top of the stromboli with olive oil and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the stromboli is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
9. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Slice the stromboli into individual portions and serve. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious ham and cheese keto stromboli!