Holy Cow Cake recipe is a decadent chocolate poke cake made with Butterfingers candy bars, hot fudge sauce, & caramel sauce all topped with whipped cream. Always a hit at potlucks!
- 1 chocolate cake boxed mix or homemade
- ½ cup chocolate chips bittersweet
- 8 full sized Butterfingers candy bars chopped
- 28 ounces Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk or your favorite brand
- 1 ½ cups caramel sauce
- 1 ½ cups chocolate sauce
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant pudding mix , white chocolate or vanilla
Step two: Add syrups
Poke holes in hot cake using a small dowel or straw.
Pour the Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk over the hot cake, giving it a few seconds to soak in.
Pour the chocolate syrup over the cake, giving it a few seconds to soak in.
Pour the caramel over the cake.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Next day sprinkle the cake with 5 chopped Butterfingers.
Whip the cream with the sugar and instant pudding mix until it is thick and spreadable.
Top the cake with the whipped cream mixture.
Cover with the remaining chopped Butterfingers.
- Use a butter cake recipe or mix instead of the chocolate.
- Try substituting chopped Heath bars for the Butterfingers.
- If you have leftover cake, which is unlikely, be sure to keep it tightly covered in the refrigerator.
- I’ve made this with homemade chocolate cake and with a boxed mix and there really isn’t much difference. This is one of those cakes that you can make when you need something super easy.
- It is much better if you can keep it until the next day- but you absolutely must let it chill for at least 6 to 8 hours.
Calories: 689kcal | Carbohydrates: 105g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 525mg | Potassium: 442mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 65g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 1.6mg | Calcium: 240mg | Iron: 1.9mg