– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– Optional: Fresh herbs (such as parsley or thyme) for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, honey, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. This will be the marinade and sauce for the chicken.
3. Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish or a resealable plastic bag and pour the honey mustard sauce over them. Make sure each chicken breast is coated evenly. Reserve a small portion of the sauce for basting later.
4. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. For optimal flavor, you can marinate it for up to 24 hours.
5. Once the chicken has marinated, transfer it to a baking dish if it wasn’t already in one. Make sure to discard any excess marinade.
6. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C).
7. While the chicken is baking, you can baste it with the reserved honey mustard sauce halfway through cooking. This will help enhance the flavor and keep the chicken moist.
8. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes. This will allow the juices to settle and make the chicken tender and juicy.
9. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired, and serve the honey mustard chicken hot. It pairs well with sides like roasted potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a fresh salad.
Enjoy the delicious honey mustard chicken with its tangy and sweet flavors!