Are you trying desperately to shed those extra pounds? Looking up new diet plans to stay healthier? Well, you might have heard of the Paleo diet plan. This plan has been in the news for quite a few years now and has been supported by many researchers and claimed it to be one of the best diet plans out there.
The Paleo diet plan basically involves consuming the food items which were available to cavemen and helps then sustain a healthy and prolonged life. This diet mainly avoids processed foods which are loaded with carbs and fats. It leads to a better body composition and an improved metabolic function.
One Week Paleo Meal Plan – Sample
One of the most difficult tasks that a person faces when starting a diet is making up a diet chart. To successfully embark on a diet plan, it is essential that you make a proper chart which you are bound to follow.
Below is a sample Paleo diet plan for one week, which you can adopt and make certain variations as per your requirements.
- Breakfast: 2 eggs and a few grapes.
- Lunch: Salad with olive oil, lemon dressing and roasted cauliflower.
- Dinner: Grilled steak with baked asparagus.
- Breakfast: Fruits and 3 slices of bacon.
- Lunch: Salad and basic avocado dressing along with sirloin strips.
- Dinner: Bacon wrapped chicken with sweet potato.
- Breakfast: 2 eggs with an apple.
- Lunch: Chicken breast with boiled potatoes.
- Dinner: Cauliflower mash with meatballs.
- Breakfast: A smoothie made from your favourite fruits.
- Lunch: Chicken wraps.
- Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese with squash.
- Breakfast: Muffins made out of carrots.
- Lunch: A salad of your choice.
- Dinner: Grilled chicken.
- Breakfast: Fruits and a few slices of bacon.
- Lunch: Beef and stir fried veggies.
- Dinner: Spiced pork with veggies of your choice.
- Breakfast: 2 eggs.
- Lunch: Wraps.
- Dinner: Buffalo burgers.
Thus, the paleo diet plan is certainly something you should look into and with this meal plan you are bound to shed those pounds and embark on a healthy lifestyle.
Foods To Avoid When On A Paleo Diet Plan
There are certain foods that you need to avoid when on the paleo diet. These are absolutely off limits and are mainly considered as processed food. You have to understand that it is an entire lifestyle of a caveman that you are adopting.
Listed below are the food items you have to avoid:
- Processed sugar other than honey, maple syrup or sugar made out of coconut.
- Vegetable oil, soya bean oil, corn oil, or any kind of vegetable seed oil.
- Grains which include wheat, rice, corn, etc. This also includes bread, pasta, cereal, cookies, etc.
- Dairy products which are processed.
- Beans and legumes.
- Any and all kind of junk foods like burger, soda, pizza, etc.
- Alcohol and quinoa.
The Foods That You Should Have
The foods that should absolutely be included in the paleo diet plan are as below:
- Vegetables should be absolutely included. However, do not indulge much on potato, butternut squash, turnips, yams, etc.
- Fruits which include berries, coconut, olives. Do not over indulge on bananas, mangos, pineapple, and also, limit your intake of nuts and seeds.
- Any kind of meat can be included under this diet which also includes organs meat.
- Green beans and peas, despite being a part of legume, can be included in this diet.
- Oil like ghee, coconut oil, olive oil, palm oil, butter, avocado oil, duck fat can be included.
- Fish is another important aspect of this diet. You can also include other seafood.
- You can also include eggs, spices, and beverages like tea and coffee.