– 8 flour tortillas
– 1 pound (450g) of beef, thinly sliced or shredded
– 1 onion, sliced
– 1 bell pepper, sliced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of chili powder
– 1 teaspoon of cumin
– 1 teaspoon of paprika
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 cups (200g) of shredded cheese (such as cheddar or Monterey Jack)
– Optional toppings: salsa, guacamole, sour cream, chopped cilantro
1. Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add the beef to the skillet and cook until browned. If using sliced beef, make sure it’s cooked through. If using shredded beef, heat it until warmed.
3. Remove the beef from the skillet and set it aside. Drain any excess fat from the skillet.
4. In the same skillet, add the sliced onion, bell pepper, and minced garlic. Sauté until the vegetables are softened.
5. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to coat the vegetables evenly with the spices.
6. Return the beef to the skillet and toss it with the vegetables until everything is well combined. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Remove from heat.
7. Preheat a separate skillet or griddle over medium heat.
8. Place a tortilla on the skillet and sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese over one half of the tortilla.
9. Spoon a portion of the beef and vegetable mixture over the cheese.
10. Fold the tortilla in half to cover the filling and press it down gently with a spatula.
11. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the bottom tortilla is crispy and golden brown.
12. Carefully flip the quesadilla over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy.
13. Remove the quesadilla from the skillet and repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and filling.
14. Once all the quesadillas are cooked, cut them into wedges and serve hot.
15. Garnish with your favorite toppings such as salsa, guacamole, sour cream, or chopped cilantro.
Enjoy your delicious beef quesadillas!