– 1.5 lbs (680g) pork loin, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
– 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
– 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 2 tablespoons fish sauce
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 1 red bell pepper, sliced
– 1 green bell pepper, sliced
– 1 cup sliced bamboo shoots (optional)
– Juice of 1 lime
– Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
– Cooked rice or noodles (for serving)
1. Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode and heat the vegetable oil. Add the diced onion and sauté until it becomes translucent.
2. Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the pot and cook for another minute.
3. Push the onion mixture to one side of the pot and add the Thai red curry paste to the cleared space. Stir the curry paste for about 30 seconds to release its flavors.
4. Add the pork pieces to the pot and cook until they are browned on all sides.
5. Pour in the coconut milk, chicken broth, fish sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Stir well to combine.
6. Add the sliced bell peppers and bamboo shoots (if using) to the pot.
7. Close the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to the sealing position.
8. Select the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” mode and set the timer for 10 minutes on high pressure.
9. Once the cooking time is complete, allow for a natural pressure release for about 10 minutes, and then perform a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure.
10. Open the lid and stir in the lime juice.
11. Serve the Thai pork coconut curry over cooked rice or noodles.
12. Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
Note: Adjust the amount of Thai red curry paste according to your spice preference. You can also add other vegetables like carrots, peas, or spinach to the curry if desired.