This versatile low carb side dish recipe perfectly mimics a classic risotto but is made with cauliflower and smothered in a cheesy pesto sauce. Keto and Atkins friendly.
- Yield: Four 1 cup servings
- Category: Low Carb Side Dish Recipe
- Cuisine: Italian American
- 4 cups finely chopped (or grated) raw cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- Combine the cauliflower, butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for six minutes – or until the cauliflower is tender and done to your liking.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and microwave on high for 2 more minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir until fully blended and creamy. Cool for 2 minutes (so you don’t cook the pesto when you add it and lose the green color.)
- Stir in the basil pesto and serve warm.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 225 calories, 21g fat, 4g net carbs, 6g protein