“Seasoned chicken breasts are browned in butter and olive oil, topped with homemade guacamole and slices of pepper jack cheese, then broiled.”
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons Creole-style seasoning
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven broiler, and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and pan-fry the chicken breasts for about 10 minutes per side until no longer pink on the inside and golden brown on the outside, sprinkling each side with Creole seasoning.
- Scoop the avocados into a bowl, and mash them with the lime juice, tomato, onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of guacamole onto each chicken breast, top with a slice of pepper jack cheese, and broil for 2 to 4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.