These keto ladyfingers – or savoiardi – are a fantastic low carb version of the traditional cookie. Enjoy them as they are, or use them to make my keto tiramisu!
Prep Time15minutes mins
Cook Time15minutes mins
Total Time30minutes mins
Diet: Diabetic, Gluten Free, Low Lactose, Vegetarian
Servings: 35 Cookies
- ⅔ cup Almond flour
- ¼ cup Unflavoured protein powder
- ¼ cup Coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon Xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 4 Large eggs
- ½ cup Sugar substitute I use an erythritol / monkfruit blend
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F, line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- If you’re using a tip and coupler with your pastry bag, set it up with a ½” round tip.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, protein powder, coconut flour, xanthan gum, and salt, seta side.
- Carefully separate the eggs – the whites into the bowl of a stand mixer, and the yolks into a large mixing bowl. Be very careful to not get ANY yolk into the whites.
- Using the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites until foamy.
- SLOWLY add ¼ cup of the sugar substitute, as it’s whipping.
- Continue whipping until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- In the other bowl, whisk the egg yolks together with the remaining sugar substitute, until pale yellow.
- Add vanilla extract, continue beating until combined. Set aside.
- Gently fold egg yolk mixture into the egg whites, just until mostly combined. Add almond flour mixture, gently fold in until combined.
- Don’t over beat it – you want the egg white structure mostly intact!
- Spoon batter into prepared pastry bag. If you’re not using a coupler, cut enough of the tip off to allow for a ½” opening.
- Pipe 3 – 3 ½” long fingers on the prepared baking pan, leaving an inch between them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when they’re just starting to turn golden around the edges and have firmed up.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, dust with powdered erythritol if desired, and store in an airtight container.
Sugar alcohol accounts for slightly under 3 grams of carbs per cookie, leaving each cookie at under 1 gram of net carbs.
Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 10mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 29IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg