– 1 pound queso blanco cheese
– 1/2 cup almond flour
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
– 2 large eggs
– Cooking oil for frying (such as avocado oil or coconut oil)
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Cut the queso blanco cheese into rectangular slices, about 1/4 inch thick. Set aside.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the almond flour, grated Parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper (if using), salt, and pepper. Mix well.
3. In another shallow dish, beat the eggs until well combined.
4. Dip each slice of queso blanco cheese into the beaten eggs, coating it completely.
5. Transfer the cheese slice from the egg mixture to the almond flour mixture, pressing gently to coat both sides with the mixture. Repeat for all the cheese slices.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
7. Carefully place the coated cheese slices into the hot oil, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Fry them for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
8. Once fried, transfer the queso blanco slices to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
9. Repeat the frying process with the remaining cheese slices.
10. Serve the layered fried queso blanco warm as an appetizer or snack. You can garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley if desired.
Enjoy your delicious keto layered fried queso blanco!