The donut pan may be one of the greatest gifts ever to the low carb diet. That’s not just hyperbole, my friends. It’s such a pleasure to create new and delicious low carb donut recipes that don’t send my bloods sugar skyrocketing. That donut pan has paid for itself 10 times over!
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
Chocolate Drizzle (optional)
- 1 ounce sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a donut pan. If you have a 6 well donut pan, you may need to work in batches (makes about 8 to 10 donuts).
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter and butter together until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, and baking powder. Stir in the eggs, vanilla extract, melted peanut butter mixture and 1/4 cup water until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Add additional water if the batter is very thick (it should be scoopable but not pourable).
- Fill the donut wells about 2/3 full and bake 15 minutes, until golden and firm to the touch. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan and repeat with any remaining batter. You may need to thin the batter with additional water.
- For the chocolate drizzle, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl. Drizzle over the cooled donuts.