1 Point Each
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin puree
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix cake mix and pumpkin puree until combined. Add chocolate chips, if desired.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop (I highly recommend using a scoop!), add batter to muffin liners, filling ¾ full.
- Bake mini muffins for approximately 16-18 minutes and regular muffins for approximately 22-24 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- **Makes about 48 mini muffins or 24 regular sized muffins (I end up getting a few less of the big ones because I like to make my muffins pretty full!).
Using a chocolate cake mix will result in very chocolatey muffins (my teen had no idea there was pumpkin inside!) OR use spice cake or yellow cake mix to let the pumpkin flavor “shine”! You can’t lose with any of them. They’re all delicious!
Try adding one ripe banana, mashed, to your cake batter. It’s a delicious “free” addition!