Perfectly delicious whipped coffee minus the sugar and carbs!
If you’re looking for a whipped coffee recipe that’s low in sugar and carbs, you can try the following recipe that uses alternative sweeteners and a low-carb milk option. This recipe is commonly known as “Dalgona coffee” or “whipped coffee.”
– 2 tablespoons instant coffee
– 2 tablespoons hot water
– 1-2 tablespoons granulated sweetener (such as stevia, erythritol, or monk fruit) to taste
– Unsweetened almond milk or another low-carb milk alternative
– Ice cubes (optional)
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the instant coffee, hot water, and sweetener of your choice. You can adjust the amount of sweetener based on your taste preferences.
2. Using an electric hand mixer or a whisk, whip the mixture vigorously for about 3-5 minutes, until it becomes light and frothy. The mixture should thicken and form stiff peaks.
3. If you prefer an iced coffee, fill a glass with ice cubes. Otherwise, you can skip this step for a hot version.
4. Pour your desired amount of unsweetened almond milk or another low-carb milk alternative into the glass.
5. Spoon the whipped coffee mixture on top of the milk, gently spreading it out to cover the surface.
6. If you’re making an iced coffee, you can mix the whipped coffee and milk together until well combined. For a hot version, leave the whipped coffee layer on top.
7. Stir the coffee and milk together, if applicable, and enjoy your low-sugar, low-carb whipped coffee!
Remember that the nutritional values may vary depending on the specific ingredients and brands used. If you have any dietary concerns or specific health conditions, it’s always best to consult with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian before making significant changes to your diet.