These taco rolls are perfect for finger foods at a party and are made with 100% cheddar cheese, making them keto and low-carb friendly!
For the crust
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (or enough to cover the bottom of your pan)
For the toppings
- 1 cup taco meat (cooked and seasoned ahead of time)
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 of an avocado, chopped
- 2 tsp Sriracha mayo or taco sauce
- (You can really add any other taco toppings you like, olives, onions, etc).
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cover a small baking sheet with parchment paper (important) leaving some on the sides so you can lift the cheese up and out when it’s done.
- Grease the parchment paper lightly, especially around the edges.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese to cover the baking sheet with one layer (this may be more than 2 cups if you have a larger baking sheet).
- Add to oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until it bubbles and browns on top.
- Remove from oven and see if you can lightly slide a silicone spatula under all the edges and then also under the middle.
- If not, add back to the oven until you can. And once you can, add taco meat and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until hot.
- In the meantime, combine the rest of the toppings in a bowl. You can add whatever toppings you like, just be sure it’s a thin layer of toppings in the end so you can roll easily later on.
- Remove from oven, then remove from baking pan by holding the sides of the parchment paper.
- Add the cold toppings in a single layer
- Looking at the cheese horizontally, use a pizza cutter to slice top to bottom and make 3-4 slices.
- Making sure the parchment isn’t sticking, roll each slice from bottom to top.
MACROS: Net Carbs 2g // Calories 491 // Fat 35g // Carbohydrates 2g // Fiber 0g // Protein 37g