- 28 oz. frozen tater tots, divide-not thawed
- 1 (9 oz.) package Jimmy Dean’s turkey sausage crumbles
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs or 1 and 3/4 cup liquid eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or any milk of your choice
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey sausage crumbles, onions and bell peppers and cook until the sausage is heated through and onions are softened.
- Add garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Drain grease, if needed.
- In large bowl whisk eggs, almond milk, green chilies, parsley, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Fold in cheese. Set aside
- Place 10 oz. ( about 1 cup) of the tater tots into the prepared baking dish. Pour the sausage mixture over the top and spread into an even layer.
- Pour egg mixture over the sausage mixture; use a spatula to spread into an even layer. Top with remaining tater tots.
- Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until eggs are set and the tater tots are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with chopped chives or green onions, if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days or stored up for up to 2 months in the freezer. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
Makes 10 ( 1/10 of 9×13 dish) servings
6 Points® per serving
Smart/points: GREEN: 8 smart/points per serving BLUE/PURPLE : 6 smart/points per serving
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 255TOTAL FAT: 10gSATURATED FAT: 2gCHOLESTEROL: 152mgSODIUM: 752mgCARBOHYDRATES: 26gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 23gFIBER: 3gSUGAR: 4gPROTEIN: 12g