– 1.5 pounds ground beef
– 1/2 cup diced onion
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 cup enchilada sauce (look for a low-carb option or make your own)
– 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat until cooked through. Drain any excess fat.
3. Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet with the beef. Sauté for a few minutes until the onion is softened.
4. Sprinkle the chili powder, cumin, paprika, dried oregano, salt, and pepper over the beef mixture. Stir well to combine and let the spices cook for about a minute.
5. Pour the enchilada sauce into the skillet and stir to coat the beef mixture evenly. Simmer for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
6. Remove the skillet from the heat and spread half of the beef mixture into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
7. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the beef mixture.
8. Repeat the layers with the remaining beef mixture and shredded cheddar cheese.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
10. Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top if desired.
11. Serve the Keto Beef & Cheese Enchilada Casserole hot and enjoy!
Total Carbs: The carb count will depend on the specific ingredients you use, especially the enchilada sauce and the cheese. Be sure to check the nutritional information on the packaging or calculate the carbs if making your own sauce. Typically, this recipe will have around 4-6 grams of total carbs per serving.