These keto shortbread cookies is a delicious low carb take on classic shortbread! Crumbly and buttery cookies made with just 5 ingredients- No grains or sugar needed.
- ▢3/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice erythritol or monk fruit sweetener
- ▢1/4 cup butter softened and salted
- ▢2 large eggs room temperarure
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢2 cups almond flour blanched almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your softened butter and granulated sweetener. Using a hand mixer, beat together until creamy. Add the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, until combined and smooth. Gently fold in the almond flour, until combined.
- Using a large spoon or cookie scoop, form 12-15 balls of dough and place on the lined pan. Press down on each ball into a cookie shape, followed by crossing on either side with a fork.
- Bake the cookies for 17-20 minutes, or until beginning to go golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool completely.
Recipe slightly adapted from here.
TO STORE: Shortbread cookies can be stored at room temperature, in a sealed container, for up to 4 weeks.
TO FREEZE: Place shortbread in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 month
Serving: 1CookieCalories: 152kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 5gFat: 14gSodium: 46mgPotassium: 12mgFiber: 2gVitamin A: 163IUCalcium: 45mgIron: 1mgNET CARBS: 2g