PREP TIME10minutes mins
COOK TIME30minutes mins
TOTAL TIME40minutes mins
- 4 tbsp goat butter alternatively, use grass-fed cow’s butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs free-range
- 4 tbsp almond flour alternatively use sesame seed flour
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground dried rosemary
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped spinach finely chopped
- 1 cup wild greens of your choice Use collard if you can’t find wild greens
- 1 large leek very finely chopped
- 3 large eggs free-range
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 6 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- For the crust, beat the eggs with melted butter and olive oil until you get a nice emulsion. Add salt, ground rosemary and nutmeg. Slowly start adding coconut and almond flour. The mixture should be something in between batter and dough consistency.
- Grease the 9″ pie pan with some butter and place the pie crust in. Spread it with a spoon or your fingers over the bottom and sides of the pan. Bake at 200ºC (392ºF) for 10 minutes.
- For the filling, beat the eggs with sour cream and feta cheese and add finely chopped greens and leek. Feta cheese will give saltiness, so you don’t need extra salt. Add ground black pepper and fill the crust with this filling.
- Return the pie in the oven and reduce the heat to 170ºC (338ºF). Bake the Keto Spanakopita for 20-25 minutes and serve it warm, not hot!