– 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
– 1/2 medium onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 cup marinara sauce (look for a low-carb, sugar-free option)
– 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
– 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
– Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef or ground turkey. Cook until browned and cooked through, breaking it up into crumbles with a spoon or spatula.
2. Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the onion is softened and translucent.
3. Stir in the marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
4. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the meat sauce. Dollop spoonfuls of ricotta cheese over the mozzarella.
5. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Remove the lid and garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
7. Serve the skillet lasagna directly from the pan, using a spoon or spatula to scoop out portions.
This Keto Skillet Lasagna is a delicious low-carb alternative to traditional lasagna. It’s packed with flavor and cheesy goodness, while still being keto-friendly. Enjoy!