– 4 medium-sized zucchini
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 small onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a baking dish and set it aside.
2. Wash the zucchini and trim off the ends. Slice them lengthwise into thin strips, about 1/4 inch thick. You can use a knife or a mandoline slicer for this.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
4. Add the diced red bell pepper to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes until it softens slightly.
5. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the cooked and crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, grated Parmesan cheese, and chopped fresh parsley. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Lay half of the zucchini slices in the greased baking dish, slightly overlapping them. Spread half of the bacon and cheese mixture over the zucchini slices. Repeat with another layer of zucchini slices and top it with the remaining bacon and cheese mixture.
7. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender and the top is golden and bubbly.
8. Once baked, remove the zucchini bake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
This loaded zucchini bake makes a delicious side dish or even a light main course. Feel free to adjust the ingredients and seasonings according to your taste. Enjoy your meal!