You’ll want to make this Southern Bacon-Fried Cabbage again and again! It’s hard to believe that such simple ingredients could result in such a flavorful and delicious side dish!
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head cabbage, cored and chopped
- 2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Cook the bacon in a jumbo cooker over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 2 tbsp. of the bacon grease and discard the rest.
- In the same jumbo cooker, return the 2 tbsp. bacon grease. Over medium-high heat, cook the onion until it is soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook for an additional 1 minute. Stir in the cabbage and continue to cook and stir for 4-5 minutes. Add the seasoned salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, mix the bacon into the cooked cabbage. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 183kcalCalories from fat 102|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g|
|Saturated Fat 4g|
|Dietary Fiber 6g|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|