- 1.5 lb (700g) skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup (40g) almond flour
- 1 cup (110g) shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil – finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chives – chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley – chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- A pinch of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper – to taste
- Cooking spray or 1 Tbsp olive oil for frying (use an oil sprayer for a lighter option)
- Place the chicken breast on a chopping board and chop it into tiny pieces with a sharp knife, then transfer the chicken to a large mixing bowl.
- In the same large bowl, add almond flour, eggs, reduced-fat mozzarella, basil, chives, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat and lightly coat it with cooking spray or use an oil sprayer to minimize the amount of oil used.
- With an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, scoop the chicken mixture onto the skillet and slightly flatten it to create a fritter. Don’t overcrowd the pan; cook the fritters in batches, about 4 per batch.
- Fry the fritters until they are golden brown on both sides, approximately 6-8 minutes. Be sure to cook them at medium-low temperature to ensure they are cooked through without burning on the outside.
- Serve the Weight Watchers-friendly cheesy chicken fritters with your favorite low-fat dip or sauce.
This version of the recipe is designed to be more Weight Watchers-friendly by using reduced-fat cheese, almond flour, and reduced oil. You can further customize the recipe by adjusting the ingredients to fit your dietary preferences and WW points. Enjoy your delicious and lighter cheesy chicken fritters!