– 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 medium onion, diced
– 1 green bell pepper, diced
– 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
– 1/2 cup chicken broth
– 1/4 cup heavy cream
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup sliced black olives (optional)
– Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion, green bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Stir well to coat the vegetables in the spices.
4. Pour in the diced tomatoes with green chilies and chicken broth. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a simmer.
5. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the heavy cream. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
6. Add the shredded chicken to the skillet and stir until it’s well coated with the sauce.
7. Transfer the chicken mixture to a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Spread it out evenly.
8. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the chicken mixture. If desired, add the sliced black olives as well.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
10. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro before serving.
Enjoy your Keto King Ranch Chicken! It’s best served hot and pairs well with cauliflower rice or a side salad.