– 1 pound crab meat, picked clean of shells
– 1/4 cup almond flour
– 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
– 1 large egg
– 2 green onions, finely chopped
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning (or to taste)
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil (for frying)
– Lemon wedges, for serving
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, mayonnaise, egg, green onions, parsley, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
2. Gently fold in the crab meat, being careful not to break up the lumps too much. You want the crab cakes to have some texture.
3. Shape the mixture into small patties, about 3 inches in diameter. Place the patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes to help them firm up.
4. Heat the ghee or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
5. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the crab cakes to the skillet, working in batches if necessary. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
6. Remove the crab cakes from the skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
7. Serve the crab cakes hot with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over the top. You can also serve them with a side salad or keto-friendly dipping sauce if desired.
Enjoy your delicious keto crab cakes!