keto onion rings on fleek! Make your weekend a little more exciting with this bomb recipe! Two words. Onion. Rings. Need we say more? Make this low-carb, gluten-free rendition. They go perfectly with burgers, chicken… anything grilled. So simple and so delicious. Life is good!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
You can’t go wrong with crispy onion rings – even when on Keto!
- 2.1oz pork rinds (59g) (or make your own)
- 1 Tablespoon (7 g) of coconut flour
- 1 medium egg (44 g), beaten
- oil, for deep-frying
- 1 large onion (110 g), peeled and cut into rings
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- Blitz the pork rinds into crumbs and place into a bowl.
- Add the coconut flour into a second bowl and the beaten egg in a third bowl.
- Heat enough oil in a pan to deep fry the onions. Working in batches, dip the onion rings in the coconut flour and dust off any excess. Then dip them into the egg and allow excess egg to drip off. Finally, press the onion rings into the pork crumbs until well-coated.
- Fry the rings in the hot oil for 4-5 minutes, using a slotted spoon to gently turn them in the oil. Remove and drain well.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g