On the present scene, I’m demonstrating how to make a keto variant of Melanzane Alla Parmigiana which is Keto Eggplant Parm Chips. This is a tasty and healthy veggie lover Keto dish. An all-out champ in fact. A decent aspect concerning this is you can make a major group of it for dinner prep and even stop it. I believe it’s an amazingly healthy dish. Out it an attempt, you won’t be frustrated. I find that eggplant is an extraordinary meat substitute when you are attempting to hold your protein macros within proper limits and keeping in mind that the carbs can include (3grams per 100grams of eggplant) it’s vegetable carbs that don’t generally cause for concern. Additionally, ensure that you concoct a major cluster of the HK’s Marinara sauce as it’s my staple in a large portion of the Italian plans.
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs7.3 grams
Calories from carbs 8%, protein 17%, fat 75%
Total carbs15.1 gramsFiber7.8 gramsSugars6.3 gramsSaturated fat15.9 gramsSodium677 mg(29% RDA)Magnesium75 mg(19% RDA)Potassium500 mg(25% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1 large eggplant (500 g/ 1.1 lb)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream or coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup of almond flour (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese or any hard cheese of your choice (90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil for frying (55 g/ 1.9 oz) – add more if needed
- Optional: dip in some Marinara Sauce
- Cut the eggplant widthwise into thin slices (about 1/4 inch / 1/2 cm thick). Season the slices with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and leave to rest for about an hour.
- Pat dry the excess moisture with a clean kitchen cloth or paper towel. I placed each slice between two pieces of paper towel and squeezed to drain.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and beat with the cream.
- Place the grated Parmesan cheese a medium bowl and mix with Italian herbs (I used oregano, basil and thyme). In another bowl, combine the coconut and almond flour.
- Start by dipping the eggplant slices, one at a time, in the egg, then in grated Parmesan cheese …
- … and then finally in the almond and coconut flour mix.
It’s common to end up with some leftover coating, as every batch can vary.
- Heat a large pan greased with half of the ghee. Add the eggplant slices in a single layer and fry on each side over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Fry the eggplant in batches and grease the pan as needed.
Make sure the pan is hot before frying the slices. Don’t be tempted to turn the slices too soon or the “breading” may fall off.
- Place the fried eggplant on a plate and repeat for the remaining slices. Enjoy hot or cold!