– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1/4 cup powdered erythritol or your preferred low-carb sweetener
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon lemon zest
– 1 teaspoon gelatin powder
– 2 tablespoons cold water
– Optional: additional lemon zest for garnish
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream and powdered erythritol. Whip the cream using an electric mixer until it reaches stiff peaks. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin powder over the cold water and let it sit for a few minutes to bloom.
3. In a saucepan, heat the lemon juice and lemon zest over low heat until it becomes warm. Make sure not to boil it.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the bloomed gelatin mixture. Stir well until the gelatin completely dissolves.
5. Allow the lemon-gelatin mixture to cool for a few minutes, then gradually pour it into the whipped cream. Gently fold the mixture together until well combined.
6. Divide the lemon mousse into serving glasses or ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until set.
7. Once the mousse has set, you can garnish each serving with additional lemon zest, if desired.
Enjoy your rich and creamy low-carb lemon mousse!