– 2 pounds flat iron steak
– 1/4 cup red wine
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a shallow dish, combine the red wine, olive oil, minced garlic, and chopped rosemary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place the flat iron steak in the dish and turn it several times to coat it evenly with the marinade. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight if possible. This allows the flavors to penetrate the meat.
3. Preheat your grill or stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat.
4. Remove the steak from the marinade and let any excess marinade drip off. Discard the remaining marinade.
5. Place the steak on the grill or grill pan and cook for about 4-6 minutes per side, depending on the desired doneness. For medium-rare, cook the steak to an internal temperature of 135°F (57°C).
6. Once cooked to your liking, remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for about 5 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute and ensures a tender steak.
7. Slice the steak against the grain into thin strips. Serve immediately with your choice of side dishes, such as roasted potatoes or a fresh salad.
Enjoy your Rosemary and Red Wine Flat Iron Steak!