Garlic Vegan Butter Roasted Mushrooms
Prep Time 5minutes mins
Total Time 20minutes mins
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Vegan Butter
- 5 cups Cremini Mushrooms (480g)
- 3 Cloves Garlic Thinly Sliced
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Slice the mushrooms into thick slices, around ½ inch thick.
- Add olive oil and vegan butter to a pan or skillet on medium high heat. Cook until the butter has melted and the oil is hot.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and toss them with the oil and butter. Spread them out in an even layer on the pan and let them cook without stirring for 4-5 minutes so that they can brown on one side. Then give them a stir.
- Add garlic and rosemary and gently mix in. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add soy sauce, salt and ground black pepper and gently toss together. Sauté another 2 minutes and your dish is ready to serve.
- Cremini mushrooms – are also known as portobellini mushrooms or baby bellas. White button mushrooms also work great. You could actually use any fresh sliced mushrooms in this recipe including sliced portobellos.
- Soy sauce – is wonderful for flavor but if you’re gluten-free you could switch this for tamari.
- Salt – you can omit the sea salt and use only the soy sauce if you want to cut down on salt.
- Use a large frying pan or skillet. There should be plenty of space for the mushrooms to spread out in the pan in a single layer.
- Don’t stir. Let the mushrooms cook for 4-5 minutes without stirring them so that they can become a deep golden brown.
- Storing and Freezing: Keep them stored in a covered container in the fridge for 3-4 days. They can be reheated in the microwave. They freeze well though the texture may change slightly once thawed. Freeze them in a flat layer on a baking sheet and once frozen, transfer to a freezer safe bag or container.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 471mg | Potassium: 428mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 404IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg