Homemade protein balls that need just 4 ingredients!
– 1 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 cup nut butter (e.g., almond butter or peanut butter)
– 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
– 1/4 cup protein powder (flavor of your choice)
– 2 tablespoons chia seeds
– 1/4 cup chopped nuts (e.g., almonds or walnuts)
– 1/4 cup dried fruit (e.g., raisins or cranberries)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Pinch of salt
– Optional toppings: shredded coconut, cocoa powder, or crushed nuts
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, nut butter, honey or maple syrup, protein powder, chia seeds, chopped nuts, dried fruit, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
2. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow it to firm up slightly, making it easier to roll into balls.
3. Remove the mixture from the refrigerator. Take small portions of the mixture and roll them into bite-sized balls between your palms.
4. If desired, roll the protein balls in shredded coconut, cocoa powder, or crushed nuts for additional flavor and texture.
5. Place the protein balls on a baking sheet or plate lined with parchment paper.
6. Once all the mixture has been rolled into balls, return them to the refrigerator and let them chill for at least 1 hour to set.
7. Store the protein balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
These homemade protein balls make for a nutritious and convenient snack. Enjoy them whenever you need a boost of protein and energy!