Cilantro jalapeno Tuna Cakes
Crispy spicy Mexican inspired tuna cakes are packed with texture and flavor and can be made low-carb or keto. These delicious patties are also great for meal-prepping!
- 2 5-7 oz each cans of tuna in water or oil, drained well
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cilantro minced
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt or mayo
- 1/4 cup almond flour or breadcrumbs
- 1 jalapeño deseeded (optional) and diced
- juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the sriracha aioli
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt or mayo
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- Juice of 1/2 lime
To a large bowl add the drained tuna, egg, cilantro, onion, yogurt or mayo, almond flour, jalapeno, lemon or lime juice, garlic powder, cumin, and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mix with a fork until fully combined. Shape mixture into 6-8 patties.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; fry patties until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Serve with a side of avocado salad, in a sandwich, on a bed of greens or with a side of veggies. Drizzle with sriracha aioli if desired.
To make cilantro aioli: whisk Greek yogurt or mayo, sriracha, and lime juice until combined.