- Uncooked skinless wild salmon fillet- 1 pound(s)
Kosher salt-1 tsp, or more to taste
- Black pepper-½ tsp, or more to taste
- Uncooked onion(s)-½ cup(s), chopped
- Uncooked bell pepper(s)-½ cup(s), green; chopped
- Hot sauce-1 Tbsp
- Fresh lemon juice-1 Tbsp
- Egg(s)-1 item(s), large, lightly beaten
- All-purpose flour-2 Tbsp
- Unsalted butter-2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Pat fish dry and season both sides of fillet with 1 tsp salt and 1⁄2 tsp black pepper. Arrange fillet on small baking sheet. Roast fish just until opaque in center, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Remove and discard fish skin. In large bowl, place fish and, using fork, flake into medium-size chunks. Mix in onion, bell pepper, hot sauce, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Fold in egg and flour. Press meat firmly into 4 patties, each about 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Chill patties for 30 minutes.
- In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat and swirl to coat pan. Add patties and cook until crispy and browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully flip patties and cook until browned and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serving size: 1 patty 2 ww points