This Small Batch Rich Chocolate Layer Cake is the moistest and creamiest cake you’ve ever had! Serves 6 3 weight watchers Points each
- Cake Batter:
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp 105 grams All Purpose Flour
- 6 tbsp 30 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/8 cup of sweetener I use Lakanto Monkfruit
- 3/4 tsp each of baking powder & soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk I use Kirkland Almond Beverage, buy at Costco
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 4 tbsp lite butter spread I use Imperial 27% lite vegetable oil spread
- 9 tbsp 67 grams powdered sweetener, like Lakanto monkfruit
- 4 1/2 tbsp 23 grams unsweetened cocoa
Make your frosting first, by mixing sweetener & cocoa in a small bowl, in a larger bowl add and beat butter with hand mixer, then add half of the sweetener/cocoa mixture, beat to combine, beat in remaining until fluffy, store in fridge.
Preheat oven 350 degrees, grease 2-6″x2″ round cake pans or comparable baking molds/pans.
In a large bowl add all dry ingredients, whisk, add wet ingredients except boiling water. Beat with hand mixer until all incorporated, mix in boiling water.
Divide batter equally between the cake pans, bake 17-20 minutes, cakes are done when inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool in pan 10-15 minutes, remove to cool on rack. When cakes are cold to touch, you can add the frosting.
Store in fridge, let chill a couple of hours before serving!!!