- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut to ½-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce divided
- 5 teaspoon rice wine vinegar divided
- 3 teaspoon cornstarch divided
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger root peeled, grated
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- 3 teaspoon canola oil divided
- 1 cup (2 medium ribs) celery cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 large sweet red pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 scallions sliced
- ⅓ cup peanuts coarsely chopped
In a medium sized mixing bowl, add boneless skinless chicken breast, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, 2 teaspoons of the rice wine vinegar, and 1½ teaspoons of the cornstarch.
Toss to coat the chicken well, and set aside for later.
In a small sized mixing bowl, add ½ cup water, hoisin sauce, garlic, fresh ginger root, 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the rice wine vinegar, 1½ teaspoons of cornstarch, and crushed red pepper. Stir to mix well. Set aside for later.
In a wok, or large nonstick skillet, add 2 teaspoons of canola oil. Heat over medium/high heat.
When hot, add coated chicken. Stir frequently, and cook approximately 5 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through, and is lightly browned.
Remove chicken from wok and set aside for later.
In the same wok or skillet, add 1 teaspoon canola oil, and heat over medium/high heat.
When hot, add celery and sweet red pepper, stir and cook for approximately 4 minutes, or until tender yet crisp.
Add in sauce mixture and heat to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Cook and stir approximately 30 seconds, or until the sauce has thickened.
Return the chicken to the wok, and add scallions and peanuts. Toss to mix in, and cook until heated.
6 W/W Smart Points
We are not associated with W/W in any way. Double check points on their official calculator.