French Onion Chicken Bake Ingredients
- 6 ( 4 oz.) chicken breast, raw
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 Tbsp Land lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 (10 oz.) can FRENCH ONION SOUP ( I use CAMPBELL’S)
- 1/2 cup fat-free or light mozzarella (I use Market Pantry reduced-fat mozzarella)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet pan (or cast iron grill skillet) melt butter and add sliced onions.
- Saute the onions in butter until softened and translucent.
- When onions become soft, place onions on a plate and set them aside.
- Using the same skillet, spray the skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season each chicken breast with paprika, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Place seasoned chicken breasts into a prepared skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium-high, on both sides or until chicken breasts are golden brown.
- Add onions back into the skillet with the chicken breasts.
- Pour in the can of French onion soup.
- Simmer the chicken and onions in the soup for 2-3 minutes will allow the soup to caramelize the chicken.
- If using a CAST IRON SKILLET PAN top each chicken breast with light mozzarella cheese. (otherwise-transfer chicken, onions, and sauce into an oven-safe baking dish and top with light mozzarella cheese.)
- Place a skillet or baking dish in a preheated oven.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
Servings: Makes 6 ( 1 chicken breast and 1/4 cup onions and sauce) servings
2 Points® per serving
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 173TOTAL FAT: 12gSATURATED FAT: 5gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 6gCHOLESTEROL: 25mgSODIUM: 327mgCARBOHYDRATES: 8gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 2gPROTEIN: 40g